The year is coming to an end, and what a year it has been!
We’ve seen natural disasters, political upheavals, and all sorts of other challenges. It can be easy to lose sight of the good in the world when we are constantly bombarded with negativity. That’s why today, December 26th, is National Thank You Note Day. A day to reflect on all the good things that have happened in the past year and send thank you notes to the people who have made a difference in our lives. Whether you’re a freelancer or work remotely, here are 10 ideas for showing your gratitude this holiday season.
- Write thank you notes to your clients. Clients are the lifeblood of freelancers and remote workers, so sending a thank you note can be a great way to show your appreciation and strengthen relationships.
- Send cards to family, friends, and colleagues who have helped you throughout the year. That could include mentors or people who gave you advice on how to succeed in freelancing and remote work.
- Share thank-you messages via social media. Reach out publicly to those who have made an impact on your year with a heartfelt “thank you” post on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or other platforms.
- Donate money or time in someone’s honor by making a donation to a charity or volunteering your services.
- Surprise someone with a hand-delivered thank you note and gift, such as a plant, flowers or baked goods.
- Make sure you don’t forget anyone by recording the names of those who have helped you in some way throughout the year in a gratitude journal.
- Send thank you cards to people whose work or actions may not be appreciated as much as they should be, like teachers, nurses, doctors and other frontline workers.
- Host an online thank-you party and invite people who have been instrumental in helping you reach your goals this year to join for an hour (or more) of celebration and recognition.
- Attend a local thank-you event, such as a parade, picnic or other gathering that encourages people to recognize the year’s successes and thank those who made them possible.
- Use your skills and talents to make something special for someone. For example, if you’re an artist, create a piece of work that expresses your appreciation; or if you’re a web developer, design and build a website in honor of someone’s accomplishments.
This year has been full of challenges but it’s also been full of blessings. Celebrating National Thank You Note Day is one small way to show our gratitude for all the good things in life! So take some time today to thank the special people in your life and end this year with a grateful heart.
Happy National Thank You Note Day! We are so thankful for you!
The Freelance Circus Team